Summer Financial Aid

Financial aid awards are initially processed for Fall and Spring semesters. Current students must have a valid 2019-2020 FAFSA on file in order to be considered for Summer 2020 aid.

The Office of Student Financial Aid began reviewing eligibility for Summer 2020 for current students in February. A large number of students received email award notifications on February 27. Over 24,000 students have been reviewed for Summer 2020, and the office is continuing to review eligibility daily. Current students are not required to complete a separate application for Summer 2020 awards.

If you have not applied for financial aid and wish to do so, complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA. For a step-by-step guide, informative video and more on financial aid, see How to Apply.

Summer 2020 Financial Aid Deadlines


April 1, 2020 - If you complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA and submit all documents for Summer after this date, you may still be awarded aid, but it may not arrive before the payment deadline, so be prepared to pay out of pocket for your tuition and fees to ensure that your classes will not be dropped for non-payment.  

March 1, 2020 - priority deadline to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA and KSU Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline

HOPE and Zell Miller Scholarships

If you are eligible for the HOPE Scholarship or Zell Miller Scholarship, you will be eligible for these awards for the summer term. There is no minimum number of hours of enrollment required to receive these scholarships. Students attending KSU for the first time should submit a FAFSA or a GSFApp to determine eligibility. Official academic transcripts must be received before eligibility for HOPE Programs can be determined.

Student Loans for Summer

You must be enrolled at least half time (six hours for undergraduate students, five hours for graduate students) to receive student loans. If you have questions about your eligibility or award information, contact the Office of Student Financial Aid or your financial aid counselor. Visit the Financial Aid Contact Us page for a counselor list, office hours and locations.

Pell Grants for Summer

Pell Grants are available for Summer courses depending on your eligibility. For most students, you’ll need to register for at least six semester hours. Check with the Office of Financial Aid for your eligibility.

Financial Aid for Transient Students

Transient students coming into KSU are not eligible to receive financial aid at KSU. You may receive financial aid only at your home institution, the institution from which you are seeking a degree.   The only exception to this rule is for the HOPE Scholarship or Zell Miller Scholarship.  If you are receiving funding from the HOPE or Zell Miller Scholarship, please ask your home institution to send a transient certification to KSU.

Tuition and Fees

Do you need to determine what the tuition and fees will be for your summer class(es)? You can find the information on the tuition and fees page.